I will be exploring the life and difficulties of a fellow teenager from both ancient and modern times.
In the very beginning of time, ancient A.D. adolescents were forced into marriages – and victims of blood sacrifices. When you think the world has never been crazier, just think, what if there was a full guarantee that you and your friends will never make it past adolescents? Why allow life to spoil your fun? Everyone is mortal. Never seize to forget the importance of history.
Since the Paleolithic times, literally hundreds of thousands of years ago, teenagers were never validated on solid basic standards. If that doesn’t start a riot in your soul, remember that we still live in a world defined by the colour of your skin.
After centuries, it was only in Marilyn Monroe’s time, that ‘teenager’ was coined. The teenage culture all resulted because in America the teen farming economy fell, and the mandatory education came to the rescue. For about 60% of a century, it’s been a heavy and chaotic time for teenagers to just be minding their own business. Teenagers on the regular were reaching headlines, but with far-fetched and biased statements.
Although widely hated, ‘Highschool’ built a game-changing platform for teens. Guess who was behind the shaping of the teenage culture we text in today? Highschool. Ironically, we are all confined by bells, and history books we should question. But on a substantial angle at least we are not forced to farm and fight wars.
Art was a joke back in the previous century after teenage exposure, and it definitely wasn’t handled well by older generations. That routinous cycle continues today as a matter of fact. It was once stated that wonderwoman turned women gay, and that superman was a fascist. Art will never be understood. Isn’t art just someone’s viewpoint on how they view a particular instance, moment or object? Why fight art?
Here’s a revelation of a short timeline review on the decades of the past. All these decades have at least one defined aspect in common: attitude.
• The hippie 60’s were all about anti-conformity. Nothing stayed the same. Social, political and cultural changes defined the entire era. Teenagers in the ’70s had this wild collaboration that followed their recent teen ancestors from the social changes of the 60’s.
• In the 80’s, fashion was heightened, making it the trend of the decade. So before you judge our teenagers on their fashion and music taste, please have a seat and contemplate the 80’s. The two decades prior took a toll on the 80s, and honestly in that era, those kids just wanted some honest fun. No revolution.
• The teenagers in the mid-1990s were largely defined by skepticism, if I may just share, I think that’s enlightenment. After grunge died, they resorted to Billie Eilish baggy wear. That’s not just a fashion statement.
• The 00’s went faster than global warming effects. This was the first generation that said farewell to the basics and gave technology a handshake. Teenage freedom was once a thing, but now we are confined. The tech world could be why a lot of us mainly feel like we live in the wrong generation.
• And now the 10’s… We have a firm handshake on technology. We are just over a year away from entering a new era but this decade will be defined as the very beginning of technology take-over and faded reality. I mean, meet the generation who was raised utterly online.
There hasn’t been a single lifetime before this one where we can empower ourselves through technology, which reaches nations worldwide at the same time.